Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The last of the handmade gifts. I can't BELIEVE I forgot to take a photo when it was framed. Chalk it up to the last minute rush. I made this small fabric landscape for my therapist, a wonderful doctor who has seen me through some very rough spots in life and to whom I will be eternally grateful!
I added some silk roving over the mountains to give a misty appearance-- pale blue and golden yellow, just before I added nonglare glass and a rustic handmade frame. I wanted to do a KY scene but my fingers kept pulling out those southwestern colors! Fortunately, she told me she has a couple of southwestern pieces in her home.

6 comments:

Lin said...

OH MY GODD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LORRAINE! I THINK THIS IS YOUR ABSOLUTE FINEST!!! FANASTICALLY GLORIOUS COLORS! HILLS, STITCHING!!! I AM BLOWN AWAY!!!!! And you gave this away??!!! WOW! BEAUTIFUL, simply an outstanding piece!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness how scrumptious!!!!!!! The details of the stitching itself is wonderful but the way you orchestrated the colors is just so moving, Lorrraine. You can be so proud, and I'm so glad that she had southwestern in her home. She'll treasure that and knowing she helped you so fully.

Judy said...

What a wonderful landscape!

Anonymous said...

I love your landscape...it's truly wonderful! Very peaceful yet full of great color!

Amy Munson said...

Your landscapes are wonderful. I started a landscape quilt a few years ago and I am just getting around to finishing and now I have so many more I want to create.

MD said...

Stunningly BEAUTIFUL! You are inspiring me to get out all my bits of fabric and threads and attempt to do something like this. I'd love to know how you start off.... Fantastic.
MD
PS I came here via Lin's blog...