Saturday, August 25, 2007

I just love creating small fabric landscapes. This one is 5x7" and often I choose the frame and then make match the fabrics to it -- I am definitely a "color" mood person. The fun thing about this one is that I used the same fabric for the 1st and last mountain ranges -- I just turned it sideways and there were yellow and green streaks in it that weren't in the upper piece. I really like working with variegated fabrics, especially hand dyed ones. I also enjoy using the selvages from fabric as grass as in this one; some of the colors you get on fabrics are realy cool when frayed. This one is in the Damselfly shop.

3 comments:

Lin said...

I TAKE IT BACK -- THIS IS MY FAVORITE!! OH MERCY, I LOVE THE COLORS HERE -- SO COOL!!!

Anonymous said...

(Wanda waving hi!!) Lorraine, I just love this piece!!!

Anonymous said...

Is this one available for purchase? These are exquisite!!!!! You never cease to amaze me. What a lovely array of blues!!!!! Ummmmmmmmmmmm. It's scrumptious.