Thursday, August 23, 2007


I love to shop in vintage shops and buy all manner of old linens -- it's such a "find" to get those that were preserved with no stains or holes. I found 4 of these napkins, crisply starched. I don't think they'd ever been used. I quickly turned them into envelopes for the fabric postcards like the one shown above. Just happened to have some tiny flower buttons that matched the napkin trim. The fabric postcard has pieces I cut from a hand crocheted dresser scarf and a printed ribbon -- the old and new! I've consigned these and all the ones below to a wonderful shop in Midway, KY called The Damselfly. Much more to be added but need to get back to creating now!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Purdy - your cards AND the envelope. It would be a lovely way to present a small flatish gift - wrapped in tissue and tucked into the envelope with the postcard.

Lin said...

WOW HAVE YOU BEEN BUSY!! Lorraine, each and every one of these are stupendous!! Color, little matching doo-dads, the abstrcts, the ricks and the racks .. I LOVE THEM .. and couldn't possibly decide among them!! They're glorious, cara!!!!! I want to return to view again (now that I"m finally home with a REAL computer) ... but wanted you to know how truly fabulous they are! Keep it up, cara, this looks like your calling!