Saturday, September 08, 2007

I've been playing with my felting machine again and while I started with a definite idea about what I wanted to create, this piece took on a life of its own. It was intended to be another sky piece but several layers later, it became Clouds. I've always loved watching clouds, the sky, and especially sunsets (and the occasional sunrise but I am no longer a morning person and was never a "sunrise early morning person!") As I was adding layer after layer, I couldn't stop thinking of one of my favorite songs: Both Sides Now by Judy Collins:

Rows and flows of angel hair
and ice cream castles in the air
and feather canyons ev'rywhere
I've looked at clouds that way.....

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
from up and down, and still somehow
it's clouds illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all.

No comments: