Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Now that it's delivered (late) I can show this felted postcard I made for Claire's birthday. I started with a piece of felted navy wool and a used dryer sheet. I machine felted on both sides until I had a cloud-like look to the front. Then I added a small piece of cotton orange and yellow sky fabric and felted it front and back. Then I added fine shreds of wool roving and felted lightly on top only (using pale pink, pale blue and yellow. Finally added the purchased fabric butterfly then zigzagged around the edges with variegated threads.

2 comments:

Lin said...

OOOHH!! SHE'S GOING TO LOVE IT!! FABULOUS!!! LOVE THE ETHERAL LOOK OF THOSE FIBERS!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Thanks so much for stopping and leaving a lovely comment on my blog. I'm so glad you did because it led me to your blog and I'm seeing some fabulous work here. You've been added to my bloglines list so I can keep up with your work. I'm a cat lover, so I am loving your cat artwork.