Monday, October 16, 2006

This is our sweet Nicky who has been with us about three years. I used to walk a dog in the neighborhood that adjoins ours and little Nicholas would be out in the cold with no water, out in the heat with no water, and often no food. He slept under a pine tree. He had appeared at his owners' house on Christmas day, thus was named Nicholas. He was so sweet and playful and I often took him food and water. I agonized about him for over a year. His owners said they'd made him an outside cat because he sprayed (they had other cats inside). I wanted to steal him but DH nixed that. So after losing my old sweet Pumpkin to a stroke, I finally got the nerve to ask the owners to adopt Nicholas. They offered me not only Nick but all their other cats too. The woman was pregant with twins! I took Nick and he settled in after a few sparring contests with the other "boys." We renamed him Nick and he is a sweet lap kitty and loves to play now with George and especially loves Lindy but is trying to take over as the alpha male so they spar and spit a bit. He's so soft and fluffy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks just like our Baby at this age. I can't get over how George looks so sleek and dapper! And Rusty is like what will eventually be our our new pet. He's gorgeous, as you know how I love the orange tabby.