Friday, November 03, 2006

Anatomy of an Art Quilt!

The bag of "stuff" I drew.
After reading a Quilting Arts article, we -- the 5 members of our art quilt group -- exchanged bags of fabric and embellishments. We did not know whose bag we drew so did not know who we were making the art quilt for. We were to make a wall quilt of our choosing, using what we'd drawn, but we could add fabrics and embelishments of our own. It had to be 20" x 20" or of equivalent measurements. We had about 6 months to make the quilts but were two months late exchanging them. Only one person was on time (not me!).
I got a bag with several different batiks (which I later learned were hand dyed -- glad I didn't know that at the beginning!).
Also in the bag were two pieces of "wild fabric" and lots of embellishments -- shown here.

No comments: