Thursday, November 23, 2006

















The art bashers had a sale/swap session and exchanged things we had made, or were no longer using, for someone else's treasures. One of the special treasues I came home with was a gift from my dear friend GG (Gina Burns) who first got me interested in the group, invited me to the bash and put up with my driving to and from Cincinnati! In addition to being an extremely talented graphic designer, painter, collage artist and a truly artistic soul and a dear friend, Gina is one of those people who can take anything and make art from it. (http://www.PictureTrail.com/ggburns)

The top photo is one of a group of tiles GG brought to the exchange and she very generously let me choose one as a gift.

The bashers also decided to exchange ATCs -- I've posted GG's (2nd photo). Of course I came away with one of those to add to my GG art collection!

We also exchanged small handmade items, the plan being to make something as a remembrance of our art weekend. As soon as I can find all the wonderful items I received I'll make something and post it.

And thus ends the saga of the two September art retreats -- a record for me and for Gina and the days it took us to recover from each were worth it! Art is Life.

1 comment:

Lin said...

WHEW!! I'M EXHAUSTED JUST READING ABOUT ALL THESE MARVELOUS ADVENTURES! LOVE ALL THE FUN YOU'VE HAD! THE ATCS ARE AWESOME!