Saturday, November 04, 2006

This is the wonderful art quilt I received from my dear "quilter" friend Linda, whom I met online when I sold her a quilt book about 4 years ago. She has introduced me to many wonderful quilting adventures -- including asking me to join our little art quilt group. This wall quilt is especially dear to my heart as she bought the pattern when we attended the Nashville Quilt show from a Vermont vendor and so I know these are the green hills of Vermont -- one of them alive with color! Our "new" camera bit the dust and has been sent back so I will post
a close-up of the quilt as soon as we receive a new one so
that you can see all the free stitching she has done -- creating clouds, water, mist/fog, dimension in the hills and valleys and to my favorite white birch trees. She "drew" my bag of stuff in our swap which only contained a large variety of leaf batik fabrics. She added the sky and several other light fabrics to balance the colors. I gave her a "real" challenge with those fabrics. You can just see some of the quilts from the library quilt show in the background.

1 comment:

Lin said...

OH MY GOSH, LORRAINE!! THIS KNOCKS OFF MY SOCKS!!!! JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lucky lucky you!!!