Sunday, November 26, 2006

The other three classes I wanted to take were already filled when I registered (about a month in advance) so I chose another class with Betsy Stroud which I hoped would solve a problem I've always had with landscapes -- it sounded perfect for me -- what do you do after you've painted the sky and the mountains. This was also an acryllic class and we painted on a 10 x 14 canvas watercolor board. This class was at 5 p.m. on Saturday and I think both Betsy and I were tired! I didn't insist on the attention I needed or ask the questions I should have in order to get some help because after Betsy did a demo, we were again left on our own to work. Betsy is not the type to come around and look at what you are doing and offer advice and assistance. So this is what I ended up with. I blame myself for not being more assertive and going up to ask her advice. I think I could finish this if I just knew what to paint!!! Oh well, I was gaining experience with acryllics (which I hardly ever use). We painted from a color copy of fall trees in Colorado and actually there was very little in the foreground on the photo except the details of one tree but it was pretty far back. Our camera died a week or so before our trip so I didn't get to take pictures of what was going on in the classes.

No comments: