Thursday, November 23, 2006


Getting back to the classes at Art Bash North (Oct. in Cincinnati), below is Pat Wiley-Shafer demonstrating the proper way to hold the brush to do Sumi-E painting. Pat is a lovely person, a great teacher, and it's not her fault that I don't
have results to post -- I just can't make the shift from mind to fingers with this form. I want to do learn to Sumi-E cats but can't seem to get the basic strokes. Chris Puhls produced some magnificent bamboo and as you can see, Cindy Cade "just playing around" produced this lovely Sumi-E design before painting over it during Sarah's cigar box class. And Sarah drew a cat in a lightning flash, with just water on her pen, and handed it back to me but unfortunately it won't scan and I can't even trace it! LOL These gals are truly talented and amazing.

No comments: