Thursday, November 02, 2006

This is my "dry run." I could NOT figure out how to cut this out. I read and reread the directions and finally my better half (an engineer and programmer) had to walk me through it and through it and through it. The quilt was supposed to be rectangular but the "sky" pieces were not long enough so I took off the outer straight edges and added the pieces from both quilts to the bottom of this one. I got the curved idea from an "underwater" quilt in the book I used for inspiration and ideas (Creative Fabric Weaving). I have since added (what else) a batik cat sitting face forward on one of the lower "hills". I wil also add a half-sun and perhaps some flowers but but will not add all the decorative stitching except in the hills. Will post it when finished. DH likes the design in the batiks and I do too and I've had enough free hand sewing for a while! Maybe in a few months.......

No comments: